Houston Matters is a radio program airing weekdays at 9 am and 7pm on Houston Public Media News 88.7 FM in Houston. During each hour, we’ll investigate the issues and ideas, people and places that make Houston…well…Houston! We’ll talk about current events, politics, education, health care, the environment, business, transportation, arts and culture, literature, sports and leisure. But we also hope that what we do each day on Houston Matters serves as the beginning of a conversation — one we hope you’ll continue here, at home, at work, with family, with friends and neighbors. We hope to introduce Houstonians to one another, to celebrate our diversity, and to engage one another through stories and conversations that demonstrate depth and context. Just the sort of thing you count on from public media.
- 1129- Special Edition: Dr. Vivian Ho, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, and Dr. Dietrich von Biedenfeld (July 10, 2020)Fri, 10 Jul 2020
- 1128- Friday’s Houston Matters: The Latino Experience With Law Enforcement, And A User’s Guide To The News (July 10, 2020)Fri, 10 Jul 2020
- 1127- Special Edition: Epidemiologist Dr. Catherine Troisi (July 9, 2020)Thu, 09 Jul 2020
- 1126- Thursday’s Houston Matters: City Cancels The State GOP Convention, And Examining Work Practices At Drug Rehab Facilities (July 9, 2020)Thu, 09 Jul 2020
- 1125- Special Edition: Lasha Lenzy with Texas Workforce Commission (July 8, 2020)Wed, 08 Jul 2020